Wednesday, August 21, 2019

"A terrifying, centuries-old prediction foretold the spawning of demons on Earth."

Mortals, your dumb president screwed up all the traffic in Louisville on Wednesday, and many of you who thought you could find a way around got fucked up by flaming pizza.

It got me wondering, when is it going to be my turn to fuck up traffic? Then I remembered I'm unleashing thousands of undead onto Bardstown Road this Saturday at the Louisville Zombie Walk.

It's only fair. I'm more important than the president and almost as important as pizza.

Let's get in the mood by watching something gooey, melty and drippy, shall we?

This week's Thursday Thriller is Demons 2.


This 1986 Lamberto Bava isn't substantively different from 1985's Demons, except it takes place in a high-rise apartment building instead of a movie theater. It's even got Bobby Rhodes in it, except this time he plays a personal trainer instead of a pimp.

It seems Sally (Coralina Cataldi Tassoni) is just not having a good birthday. She has an "It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To" moment and shuts herself in her room to watch a movie about demons on TV.  The demons are pretty much the same things as zombies, except their teeth are sharp and they have claws. Anyhow, one of the demons comes out of the TV, Videodrome-style, attacks her, and turns her into a demon.

After that, lots of disgusting things happen. One of my favorites is when a baby demon tears his way out of a little kid's body.

I could go on in my critique, but there's not a lot to think about here. Demons 2 is a high-energy festival of gore perfect for the thinking impaired. Couldn't think of a better movie for your Louisville Zombie Walk pregame. It streams on Shudder.






No comments:

Post a Comment