Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"We cannot turn against each other right now. That's exactly what the beavers would want."

Wow! I can hardly believe it's only two more days until I unleash 40,000 walking corpses on Bardstown Road. Saturday could not come sooner for me. I have been so busy making the rounds with local media to make sure everyone knows to meet me at Eastern Parkway and Bardstown Road. At 8:29 p.m. on my command, and the Derby City Roller Girls will lead the legions of the dead toward the party zone where all in attendance will rock out to bands like Dead Room Cult, Vice Tricks and the Nulydedz. There will be so much going on, I can't be bothered to type it all. Check out louisvillezombiewalk.com if you must know everything. I'm too excited to function and I still have a movie to tell you about, a zombie movie, no less.

This week's Thursday Thiller is Zombeavers.


This 2014 film by Jordan Rubin is a broad, raunchy comedy about three raunchy broads set to spend a girls' weekend at the lake. Mary (Rachel Melvin) thinks they need some time away from boys while Jenn (Lexi Atkins) gets over her boyfriend cheating on her. Rounding out the trio is Zoe, a sassy brunette played by Cortney Palm. You might remember her performance in the titular role of Sushi Girl. You can see her titulars in either movie.


Despite Mary's best intentions, boys show up anyway, and no one foresees the danger that awaits them. Some toxic waste got spilled by two idiot truck drivers, played by Bill Burr and John Mayer. The waste mutated the local beaver population into viciously cheesy puppets with pointy teeth and glowing eyes. The real fun starts when their victims themselves turn into zombeavers.


Zombeavers is a silly movie. You'll probably get a few laughs out of it, but is it any good? I'd say Zombeavers is dam good. It streams on Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment